Last Updated on June 22, 2022
When most people think of Hawaii, they picture white sandy beaches, palm trees, and tropical drinks. And while those are certainly some of the beautiful things that Hawaii has to offer, there’s so much more to this amazing place. If you’re thinking of taking a trip to Hawaii, you should know a few things before you go.
This Hawaii travel guide will tell you everything you need to know, from the best time to visit and what to pack. So whether you’re headed to Hawaii for a relaxing beach vacation or an action-packed adventure, read on for all the information you need to plan the perfect trip.
It’s no wonder that it’s one of the most popular tourist destinations globally. However, there are some things you need to know before traveling to Hawaii. This blog post will discuss some of the most important things you need to know before your trip!
Hawaii is known for its stunning beaches, lush rainforests, and active volcanoes. However, there are some things you should know before booking your trip. Here are the top things you need to know before traveling to Hawaii.
Weather: The weather in Hawaii is quite different from the mainland United States. The average temperature in Hawaii is around 27 degrees Celsius, rising to 30 degrees Celsius during the summer months.
Larger Crowds: it is a top-rated tourist destination, so expect large crowds at popular attractions. It’s essential to plan your trip and make reservations for activities and accommodations.
Accommodation: You will find different types of accommodation available in Hawaii, from camping and hostels to luxury resorts. Choose the accommodation that best suits your needs and budget.
Different Cultures: Hawaii is a great place to try new things and experience different cultures. You will find many activities and attractions to choose from, so be sure to research before your trip.
Cost of Living: Living in Hawaii is higher than in the mainland United States, so be prepared to budget accordingly.
Safety: Hawaii is a safe place to travel, but ensure to read up on the local laws and customs before traveling.
Things to do in Hawaii
If you’re looking for things to do in Hawaii, you’ll find no shortage of options. From hiking and biking to snorkeling and surfing. And with so many beautiful beaches to choose from, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to soak up the sun.
Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
One of the most popular things to do in Hawaii is to visit the volcanoes. Hawaii Volcanoes National Park is home to two of the world’s most active volcanoes, and a visit here is sure to be unforgettable. You can also take a helicopter tour to get a bird’s eye view of the island.
Polynesian Cultural Center
For those who love the outdoors, there are plenty of hiking and biking trails to explore. And if you’re interested in culture, Hawaii has much to offer. You will find many ways to immerse yourself in Hawaiian history and culture, from the world-renowned Polynesian Cultural Center to the Bishop Museum.
Situated on the island of Oahu, Honolulu is a popular tourist destination for its beautiful beaches, stunning natural scenery, and vibrant cultural scene. Most people even ask this question – What Island is Honolulu On? The simple answer is; Oahu Island.
You will find plenty of things here to keep you entertained in Honolulu, whether you’re looking to relax on the beach, explore the city’s museums and art galleries, or get out and hike or surf in the great outdoors.
Activities to do in Hawaii
Hawaii is a prime vacation destination for its stunning beaches, lush tropical forests, and active volcanoes. But there is so much more to Hawaii than just its natural beauty.
Here are some of the best activities.
- Visit Pearl Harbor and the USS Arizona Memorial. This site commemorates the attack on Pearl Harbor, which drew the United States into World War II.
- Take a helicopter tour of Kauai. Kauai is nicknamed “The Garden Isle” for its lush vegetation. A helicopter tour is the best way to see all the island offers, from its waterfalls and rainforests to its jagged coastline.
- Swim with dolphins on the Big Island. The Big Island is home to several dolphin pods, and swimming with them gives an unforgettable experience.
- Hike to the top of Diamond Head. This iconic volcanic crater is located just outside of Honolulu. Hiking to the top offers stunning views of the city and the surrounding area.
- Go snorkeling or scuba diving in Maui. Maui is home to some of the best beaches in Hawaii and fantastic coral reefs perfect for snorkeling and scuba diving.
- Visit the lava fields on the Big Island. The Big Island is still an active volcano, and there are several lava fields that you can visit. Just be sure to stay on the marked trails!
- Take a drive down the Road to Hana. This winding road takes you through some of the most beautiful scenery on Maui. Along the way, you’ll pass waterfalls, rainforests, and beaches.
- Go whale watching in Kauai. Kauai is one of the best places in Hawaii to go whale watching. Humpback whales can be seen year-round, and sperm whales can be seen from December to April.
- Attend a luau. A luau is a traditional Hawaiian feast that usually includes a pig roast. They are often accompanied by Polynesian dancing and music.
- Take a surfing lesson. Surfing is one of the most popular activities in Hawaii, and it’s easy to see why. With its gentle waves and warm water, Hawaii is the perfect place to learn how to surf.
These are just a few of the many activities to do in Hawaii. So what are you waiting for? Start planning your trip today!
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How do I get to Hawaii?
A: You can get to Hawaii by plane, boat, or foot.
Q: What are some things to do in Hawaii?
A: There are many things to do in Hawaii. You can go to the beach, hiking, biking, and more.
Q: What are some places to stay in Hawaii?
A: There are many places to stay in Hawaii. You can find hotels, resorts, and more.
Q: What is the best time of year to visit Hawaii?
A: The best time of year to visit Hawaii is during the summer months. June, July, and August are the busiest months for tourism. However, the weather is still lovely in the spring and fall months. Winter is also an excellent time to visit Hawaii if you’re looking to avoid the crowds.
Q: What should I pack for my trip to Hawaii?
A: You should pack light clothing, sunscreen, sunglasses, a hat, and comfortable shoes. You will also need a swimsuit if you plan on going to the beach.
Q: Are there any dangers in Hawaii?
A: There are some dangers in Hawaii. The sun can be powerful, so you should always wear sunscreen. Be aware of your surroundings when swimming in the ocean, as there can be strong currents. Some animals in Hawaii can be dangerous, such as snakes and centipedes. If you are unsure about something, it is always best to ask a local.
So whether you’re looking for things to do in Hawaii for a day or a week, you’re sure to find plenty of options. With so much to see and do, you’ll want to come back again and again. So what are you waiting for? Start planning your trip today!
With so much to see and do, you’re sure to have a memorable trip. However, before planning your trip, ensure to keep the things in your mind we have suggested in this article.